Does anyone think that...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnsportsgeek, Sep 28, 2011.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Does anyone think that the maps application will receive an update since it was on the invite? I haven't heard this discussed anywhere, but it would be an update that is long over due.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Maybe. We shall have to wait until the event to see.

3. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

4. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The map picture is to show the place the event is at. That is a picture of the main apple location, 1 Infinite Loop.

The icons show the date, time, place, and ?. Noone knows for sure yet what the one missed call will reference.

Also, the update would have been mentioned in the iOS 5 presentation. It could happen but I am not really expecting it.

5. Uln4321 macrumors regular

6. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

now that they're probably going to include the assistant feature I'm hoping they're going to be including that in all of their stock apps so you can talk to it and it can talk back. Like "where is the closest ATM?" it tells you and you can say "give me turn by turn directions". I'm hoping it means Turn by Turn directions.

7. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, all the rumors were hinting at a Navigation type of thing with the Assistant feature. I'm sure the A5 can handle it incredibly smoothly, so I wouldn't discount it. But then again, I wouldn't get my hopes up incredibly high either. The Maps feature has essentially stayed the same since iOS 1, with only minor improvements here and there.

I'd really like to see the Navigation thing happen though! I'm always jealous of that free feature in Androids.