Does anyone trasnfer your 6 or 6 plus glasses protector to 6s or 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j2ee, Sep 28, 2015.

1. j2ee Suspended

j2ee

Easy or hard? Glasses protector can be used multiple times? The screen size is extremely similar anyway, a lot of glasses protector just makes glasses protector supports both 6 and 6s.

2. mdawid macrumors regular

mdawid

I never tried. But, I would think they're a one and done application.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Depend on how the glass protector is applied. Many are one and done. Some can be applied again.

4. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

5. bugelrex macrumors regular

they can be re-applied, the problem is with 'bending' you have to lift a corner to remove. When you reapply, that corner might not lie flat anymore.

6. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

I see..good insight

7. karmom929 macrumors newbie

Do the glass protectors really protect the phones?

8. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Mainly for looking, feeling and anti scratch...anti drop crash? Some expensive brand claims they can provide some anti shocking, other cheap kind doesn't offer any anti shocking.

9. karmom929 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback.

10. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I tried it with my Zagg InvisibleShield from my iPhone 6. It really was not effective. Didn't make a good seal, bubbles at the edges where I lifted it. Although I will say that there was no problem whatsoever with 3D Touch. I'm just going to get a new Zagg with my Best Buy points.

11. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

It is life long warranty, you can just get a new one from zigg for free.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

My wife had a zag glass in her 6 and hated it since the glass is curved in the phone and not on the screen protector. I took it off and out it in my moms phone no problem. I figured I had nothing to lose since we were returning the old devices. Looks good as new, though I agree it's not an ideal screen protector due to the limitations of hinted cut it.

13. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I thought it had to be damaged in order to get a new one.

14. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Not working anymore is the worst damage.

15. AlphaTeam macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

They are around $10. I just bought a new one.

16. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

I rarely even pay $10 for them. The iPad Air 2 one cost me a small fortune, though.

Glass screen protectors do help a fair bit if you drop your screen directly onto something. It's not going to be the end all protection for your glass but it is definitely going to help you avoid direct impacts as long as the impact isn't hard enough to go completely through it. For the most part it should prevent a busted screen from a drop or at least prevent scratches.

The main reason I use them is because it really helps with fingerprints. The coating on them seems to be significantly better at preventing fingerprints than what comes with the actual Apple screens.

17. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

I think this is like soft case vs hard case. Hard case doesn't help to protect drop impact much since it is hard and directly transfer a very high % of impact to the phone surface. I had a phone with plastic body, still got damage with a hard case and dropped from a short height. Expensive glasses with drop impact absorb design may helps, but cheap kind may not even help to decrease 5% of the force.

18. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

I did transfer mine from 6 plus to 6s plus, just wanted to see how it works with 3D touch. The trick here is when lifting the glass protector you want to be nice and gentle, glass will bend under pressure but will be back to shape if the pressure is gone.

19. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

I will say for once in my life I have the screen protector on my 6s PERFECT. I mean it is completely straight in every single way. Totally even... totally centered... You literally couldn't align it better with a machine. This is the first time I have EVER managed to do this with any phone...

Then I found a tiny spec of dust under it toward the edge... :(

20. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Lift protector with tape, dab the dust off with tape, lower protector back down. Easy.

21. Dextux macrumors member

Same issues here. Damn OCD got the best of me. I went through 5 glass protectors until I got one installed perfectly with no dust.

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It probably got damaged a bit removing it. The one thing I would wonder is is it thin enough to work with 3D touch, or did they have to make specific 6S ones to work?

23. Mercenary macrumors 6502a