Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Does anyone use a magic trackpad with their MBP?

Tenashus1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Curious about whether or not it make for easier scrolling and swiping. What's your experience been? Thanks.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
There really isn't much difference in using the magic trackpad then the trackpad built in to the MBP at least those with the force touch if you have one.

I have the mid 2015 with force touch. When pairing the magic trackpad, the trackpad settings will not change to those of the magic trackpad like in previous MBPs. It will still show the force trackpad settings. I always liked using the three finger drag and you have to set that by going to accessibility/trackpad.

Comment

sebseb

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2014
I use it when my MacBook is docked. I love the extra space it provides

I sometimes use the Magic Mouse but why on earth would I want to use the trackpad?? specially if you gave force touch which is a lot better too.

Comment

frazzm737

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
I always use a separate trackpad, mouse, and keyboard for my MBP because I need to raise my computer to a comfortable viewing level. This setup serves my needs perfectly since I decided to replace my iMac with the MBP.
IMG_0046.jpg

Comment

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Curious about whether or not it make for easier scrolling and swiping. What's your experience been? Thanks.
It's exactly identical to the internal trackpad (assuming that you're using a non-Force Touch MacBook).

I use it when my MacBook is in clamshell mode (which is almost all the time), but sometimes, I use the magic mouse too.

Comment

ApolloBoy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
I usually use mine with my cMBP in clamshell mode, but very rarely I'll use it when I have it open and on my desk. Most of the time I prefer to use my Logitech M570 though.

Comment

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
I use my Magic Trackpad with the 13" rMBP when it is on the TwelveSouth Hi-Rise stand.....use a Magic Mouse and the trackpad with it, along with the Apple wireless keyboard. Works out very well for me. When I'm off somewhere away from home with the rMBP, no problem, I just use the actual trackpad on it, then.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.