Does anyone use a magic trackpad with their MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tenashus1, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Tenashus1 macrumors 6502

Curious about whether or not it make for easier scrolling and swiping. What's your experience been? Thanks.

2. JackieInCo macrumors 601

There really isn't much difference in using the magic trackpad then the trackpad built in to the MBP at least those with the force touch if you have one.

I have the mid 2015 with force touch. When pairing the magic trackpad, the trackpad settings will not change to those of the magic trackpad like in previous MBPs. It will still show the force trackpad settings. I always liked using the three finger drag and you have to set that by going to accessibility/trackpad.

3. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

4. kweevuss macrumors member

I use it when my MacBook is docked. I love the extra space it provides

5. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

I sometimes use the Magic Mouse but why on earth would I want to use the trackpad?? specially if you gave force touch which is a lot better too.

6. frazzm737 macrumors regular

frazzm737

I always use a separate trackpad, mouse, and keyboard for my MBP because I need to raise my computer to a comfortable viewing level. This setup serves my needs perfectly since I decided to replace my iMac with the MBP. IMG_0046.jpg

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I can see where some would like it, but I'm fully acclimated and enjoy the built in trackpad without a second thought.

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It's exactly identical to the internal trackpad (assuming that you're using a non-Force Touch MacBook).

I use it when my MacBook is in clamshell mode (which is almost all the time), but sometimes, I use the magic mouse too.

9. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

I usually use mine with my cMBP in clamshell mode, but very rarely I'll use it when I have it open and on my desk. Most of the time I prefer to use my Logitech M570 though.

10. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I use my Magic Trackpad with the 13" rMBP when it is on the TwelveSouth Hi-Rise stand.....use a Magic Mouse and the trackpad with it, along with the Apple wireless keyboard. Works out very well for me. When I'm off somewhere away from home with the rMBP, no problem, I just use the actual trackpad on it, then.