Does anyone use both the 6 and 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsa420, Sep 25, 2014.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

I have both currently, ordered for launch day to see how I like one vs the other. Considering keeping both as I have 2 lines that my company pays for, the 2nd line was for my iPad mini which I ditched after getting the 6+.

Clearly this is overly excessive but would love to hear from those doing the same and which device you use for different functions (calls,etc). Do you ever leave the 6+ at home or vice versa...

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I kind of want to. But as you said, it's a bit excessive. If they do make an "iPad nano" though, I'll be very tempted to buy one

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

People who would actually do this have too much money for their own good :rolleyes:

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you're going to leave the 6+ at home, wouldn't an iPad be better?

5. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have found occasions when i will be walking a lot a the 6+ wont fit in my pocket, i will just bring along the 6..

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I use both.

Both Golds at 128gb.

It REALLY came in handy yesterday when I updated to iOS 8.0.1 away from home and my computer. The update rendered my 6+ unusable on the cellular network. Touch ID also failed. The 6 seemed to work fine, but internet did seem a bit slow on LTE.

My thinking is this. I used to own an iPad 2. But with the bigger screen of the 6+, I think I have an option to the iPad in a scaled down version.

I do use the 6+ as my main phone numbered line, but defer to the 6 most of the day.

I use the 6 as a backup and for my general texting and communications platform because of the more demure size and general obscurity. Most of the people I text are on iMessage, so using this device is fine as both devices update the threads. The 6 also gets the most work as the iPod daily.

So far, the battery on the 6+ is out of this world and the 6 is somewhat better than the 5s in comparison to my normal day. The 6+ averaged around 30% more life, and the 6 averaged around 15% more life, at the end of their respective days.

I usually have both with me at all times, being they are so new. And you know what? I keep them stacked on top of each other in my pocket and they haven't bent, yet.:)

If I had to choose one? The 6+, of course.

7. madKIR, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

madKIR macrumors 6502

I'm rocking both so far...gotta decide which one to keep. Most likely the Plus will go back....
    Have been cherishing the thought of keeping both but that would be too excessive for sure.
    Today I was carrying them in my front pockets, separately, of course. The Plus is too big and I can already see that it will wear out my pants with its corners pushing against the pockets.

8. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

6 with an iPad combo is a lot more efficient.

9. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

I have the beast and the misses has the beauty. When she's sleeping I usually take her phone and play around with it and compare the two models.

Funny enough I got caught red handed last night like a fool, I forgot to delete my practice texting from her phone and she sent it to me... Needless to say, I felt like a huge dork :eek:

10. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Mind blown!

And I wonder how many of these plus people are going to regret their decision when the new ipad come out? I for one rather have a small phone on the go and a tablet at home. I've carried a Samsung Note device for 2 years and lugging that size gets tired after a while . And you realize that sub 6" phone are not tablet replacements.

11. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

And uniformitarianism rears its ugly head once again. If a phone doesn't serve your purpose, then it must not serves anyone's purposes. [​IMG]

12. dsa420 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a silver 6 and gold 6+, loving the gold, gonna take back the silver and trade up to gold.

13. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Being able to afford two iPhones? Damn, must be nice lol

14. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

As with drugs, addicts do whatever it takes to get a fix.

I'm an Appleholic.

15. RichP74 macrumors regular

I'm going another route, I think. 6 Plus and Apple Watch next year. Stick with my 5S for now.

I'm just hoping the Apple Watch negates most of the need to take that phone out of my pocket as often as I do now. Mainly for exercise, but also to take calls, check texts, skip around my music, etc...