Does anyone use Dashboard frequently without tons of crashes?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Phrasikleia, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

I have only stock widgets loaded into Dashboard, but they've been crashing since I first got my Mac six months ago. 10.5.5 has done nothing to improve the situation. They crash about every sixth launch or so. I don't have any third party widgets loaded. Is this the case for everyone? I've tried repairing permissions; that didn't help.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

That's definitely not normal. I've been using Dashboard with plenty of widgets (stock and 3rd party) open ever since I got my MacBook and I haven't had any recurring widget crashes.

3. Phrasikleia thread starter macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Any ideas about what might be causing the problem?

4. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

I use stock + a few custom widgets and I've never had it crash on me, this is probably a silly solution but try removing and then adding your widgets back to the dashboard, might be a config setting that got messed up somewhere :)

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Even the financial widgets are crashing! :eek:

I've never had a widget crash on me, or a system crash due to a widget. I look at my widgets around 10 times per day.

Are these 3rd party widgets downloaded from the net, or are they web clippings? Maybe you can get a web clipping of a really good stock website, and clip that site to make your own widget.