Does anyone use finance monitoring software on their mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jodorowsky, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Jodorowsky macrumors newbie

I've been looking for a good one for a while. Quicken for the mac isn't supposed to out for some time. I looked into some of the free options (iSquirrel), but they were disappointing. I've heard good things about iBank (http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/), but does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

I really just haven't found an efficient way to download my online statements (OFX file support), categorize them, and view them in a line graph.

Thanks for the help

2. akadmon macrumors 68010

I use Quicken for Windows on my Fusion VM. You may also give mint.com a look. It has a iPhone OS client. I signed up last night and so far I'm living it! The only problem with it is that it's not really set up to archive your transaction history locally on your computer, so if you plan to keep track of your finances over a long period of time, Quicken (or something like it) may be a better choice. BTW, given that mint.com has been acquired by Quicken just recently, it's quite likely that the archiving functionality will be added to mint.com in the near future.