does anyone use iphone on custom firmware baseband?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shibony, Jul 17, 2011.

1. shibony macrumors newbie

please reply if you could help because i'd like to know if there are any before i type something up :D

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The question doesn't really make any sense.

Can you create custom firmware to preserve the baseband? Yes, you can do so with Sn0wbreeze for Windows or Pwnagetool for Mac.

Can you create your own baseband? No. :rolleyes:

3. shibony thread starter macrumors newbie

nooo sorry i meant like any as in i needed to know if there is anybody out there who uses a custom firmware especially for ipad baseband.

4. rrandyy macrumors 6502

It sounds like you're asking if someone can help you before you tell anyone what problem you are facing.

Just describe the problem you have. That is your best bet to get an answer.

5. labman, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry you are not making it very clear what you want or are asking. also provide info about your phone that will help. Such as Ipad baseband only works on 3G and 3GS. it's also a GPS killer. no need to say more since I don't even know if I'm helping.

ok found your other thread are you trying to get push doctor working on 4.1 or something like that. is that what this is about?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1189357

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Use Pwnagetool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (Win) to create a custom firmware. Use either program or Redsn0w to put your phone in pwned DFU mode and then restore to the firmware with iTunes.

However, since 4.3.4 is now out, Apple has stopped signing 4.3.3 and there is currently no (to the best of my knowledge) Sn0wbreeze/pwnagetool available for 4.3.4 yet. So, unless you have SHSH saved for 4.3.3, you won't be able to do this until SB/Pwnage are updated.