Does anyone use keyboard guards/

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyanMacm, Feb 18, 2012.

1. RyanMacm macrumors member

RyanMacm

Does anyone who uses keyboard cover guards for your MacBook Pro keyboard laptops?

Or do you guys just let your keyboard become shiny?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Plenty of people use keyboard covers. I don't like how they feel, so I don't use one.

3. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

Right now on amazon you can find them for sale for 2 dollars.

4. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Moshi covers are the best. I use both a keyboard cover and a radtech screen saver. Keeps the keys nice and also keeps my finger grease off the screen.

5. RyanMacm thread starter macrumors member

RyanMacm

im not asking that lol. i apologizes everyone. what i mean is does everyone use keyboard cover guards or you just let it become shiny til the matte finish wears off? I'm not asking if i should buy one or not. just curious if anyone uses it in general that's it.:)

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Again, I see little point in asking this question (especially since you aren't asking if you should buy one or not) as it should be obvious that many people use keyboard covers.

7. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

Yes, I do use one. After five months it is starting to wear, but for $1.50 I can't complain!

8. imlovin macrumors newbie

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Yes. I use a polyethylene (I think) keyboard cover that I bought from ebay for $5 to replace Moshi that got stained from repeated use after 10 months. My keyboard is still matte, even after 2 years of continuous use.

10. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I use one.. not to protect the keyboard but to protect my fingers.. I think the rubber feels better but I'm old and type with the tips of my fingers.

11. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Yes, from Moshi. And its been over a year and its still looking pretty good!

12. Ccrew macrumors 68020

13. kywildcats macrumors member

I read somewhere that the keyboard covers are bad for your MBP because the machine brings in fresh air through the keyboard. That it is part of the fan system that helps cool the mac down. Any truth to this?

14. barredfreak macrumors 6502

That would defeat the purpose of a keyboard guard, wouldn't it? I doubt that's true.

I use a Moshi one. Sometimes when I'm gaming, it interferes with me pressing multiple keys, but I just take it off whenever it's not necessary. You never know when you're going to spill Coke on the keyboard. Priceless accessory.

15. Mister Ecks macrumors newbie

I have one that I don't use anymore because my MBP seems to run hot with it. And...it feels weird lol

16. azure247 macrumors 6502

Honestly, why use one? You paid over a grand just to hide the nice quality of the keyboard.

Just wipe ur fingers on ur pants before u type if u have excess oils. Mine still isn't shiny after a year.

17. eswank macrumors 6502

I've always used keyboard covers whether it's on the bluetooth keyboard when I've connected my MacBook Pro to my monitor and used as a desktop computer and I even have one on my MacBook Pro. I even had to buy one for the first gen Apple bluetooth keyboard. I just feel like I always need them on these keyboards.

18. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

My hometown is hot and humid. Within minutes of wiping your fingers, it starts to sweat and oil up again.

19. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I don't use one.

Looking at Cafes and similar places with often more than 10 privately owned macs, I rarely see someone using a keyboard cover.

Speck and similar cases seem a bit more popular, but in general, most people don't put anything on their Macs.

20. imlovin macrumors newbie

Your fingers have natural oil (for lack of a better term) on them even when you have cleaned your hands.

There are always clear covers which I have and honestly you don't feel a huge difference. It actually feels a bit nicer, personally.

It's just a small nice cheap way to keep it a bit protective.