Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Just a quick question.

Does anyone think that the Apple default battery Lock Screen widgets are useful or useless?

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
I use it to display the battery level of my AppleWatch, so yeah, I think it is useful. :)

For displaying the iPhone‘s battery level not so much, that would be a bit redundant as you have the battery icon in the status bar anyway.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Mainly to check charge left on APP2 buds+case, as well as the MagSafe battery pack. Otherwise the battery percentage icon gives me all I need for the phone itself.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
I just really hate what Apple did to the upper right battery percentage icon. Why did they put the percentage numbers inside the battery level icon instead of adding it alone or just next to it???

Reactions: tomtattoo

Graham4723

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2018
Just a quick question.

Does anyone think that the Apple default battery Lock Screen widgets are useful or useless?
Yes … recently discovered it can show the (non-rechargeable)battery level in my hearing aid if it’s setup in ‘hearing devices’.

Last edited:

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Useful. It’s easy to see the power level on the AirPod case and AirPods themselves.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I use it to display the battery level of my AppleWatch, so yeah, I think it is useful. :)

Yes … recently discovered it can show the (non-rechargeable)battery level in my hearing aid if it’s setup in ‘hearing devices’.

These. But sub hearing aid with "3rd party BT buds/earphones/etc". Keep the four across Widget on the Today Screen for easy access and to not clutter up Home or Lock Screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.