Does anyone use the VESA Mount kit for the 24" iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Airplanepics, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Airplanepics macrumors member

Hi All,

I'm looking at decluttering my desk and I think mounting my iMac on my wall maybe the way forward . . .

Does anyone use the VESA Mount adpater on the iMac 24", if so do you have any pictures of it in use, any pro's or con's?

Regards,

Simon.

2. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Yeah! I want to see that too... I'm thinking of getting one myself

3. danny_w macrumors 601

There is 1 review of it in the Apple Store, albeit in the wrong section (Cenema Display mount).

4. larrymarshall2 macrumors member

what are the names of these arms? Are they 100mm or 75mm? Max load on them? the imac 24" are 25 pounds and I'm looking to mount mine!

5. scrub0bk macrumors member

i dont mean to bump an old thread, but does anyone know what arm that is in the first pic? thats exactly what i want and cant find it anywhere.

thanks

6. eelpout macrumors regular

eelpout

7. kgapp macrumors member

That is the iLift VESA Arm. It is a quality product that is very well built. I use two of them to rotate my 20" Cinema Displays into portrait mode which flank my 30" ACD. I couldn't be happier with my current setup.

Here is a link to a review of the iLift (the same review that photo above came from). http://paulstamatiou.com/2007/02/26/review-ilift-vesa-arm

Here is a link to the place I bought mine from. This was the lowest price I could find online. http://www.innovativeessentials.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

There are two options available depending on the weight of your machine. Make sure you order the right one for your setup. This product is directly compatible with the VESA Mount adapter from Apple.

8. sneil2 macrumors member

sneil2

Just what I need thank you x

9. vodouman macrumors regular

I'm moving into student accommodation for my final year and I want a nice clean workspace to do my dissertation. I want to wall mount my 27" iMac.

If I got the VESA Mount Kit:

Can the wall mount be placed on any wall?

Once taken down how do the holes in the wall look? (Hoping to get the deposit back :p)

10. sneil2 macrumors member

sneil2

With the iMac being so heavy I'd suggest mounting it onto a solid brick wall.
    You'll be left with holes once removed though!
    I put a really nice picture on the wall after I left and never heard anything back! :D

11. vodouman macrumors regular

Hmmm I guess it'll have to be a white-tack and tip-ex job to cover up them holes then! I'll give it a go then, it'd be nice to have a nice spacious desk to work on.

The wall might be a brick wall, i'm not sure because I don't move in until September, I know there's another room on the other side of it which leads me to believe it'll be plasterboard.