Does anyone use TIME CAPSULE??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacLadybug, Oct 22, 2008.

1. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

If you own it, how is it working for you? How many Macs are you backing up on it? Which size did you buy... 500GB or 1T? I'm using an external drive to back up 2 Macbooks and an iMac. Let me know what is working for you.

2. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I have a 500GB Time Capsule that I back up my computers with. It works great. I have a iMac with 300GB HD, a new MacBook with 160GB HD, and a old MacBook with 60GB HD backed up. I am using 440GB of my Time Capsule right now. I would recommend getting the 1TB drive, you can really never have enough space.

3. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I have one (primarily for laptop backups). I put a 250GB drive in mine as I was never going to use the entire 500 as supplied for £199. see http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=6477533&postcount=9

I like it - its failry simple to setup and use. The wifi setup is a doddle.

Currently I have a MacbookAir, Macpro and a MacMini using it.

*Note - due to poor design internally, they do get rather hot. They have Enterprise class drives in from the factory and temps are a long term lifetime problem (imho)

4. ec51 macrumors 6502

Greatest purchase ever. I have the 500 GB and I recently used it to do a fresh boot for my new Alum MB. Worked like a charm...

5. harisdmac macrumors member

own the 500GB model for abt 6 months. It works perfectly, amazingly easy to setup and use. I have also attached a new laser printer and it works awesome, i can wirelessly print from everywhere in the house.
    I also use the TimeMachineScheduler app and make the backups every 12 hrs or mostly manually when i feel it is necessary.
    Has saved me some times when accidently deleting files permanently or seeking for older versions of docs, progs, etc..