Does Anyone Work In An Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Exist2Inspire, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Exist2Inspire macrumors member

I am going to apply for a full time job as a cashier at London's Regent Street Apple Store. I have previous experience with serving customers and EFT machines. I am 17, 18 in November and was wondering if there is anything I should know before applying and what is required to successfully get the job? Thanks. :apple:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If you work at Apple you are not allowed on these forums, so no one will tell you they work at a store.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

they're allowed on the forums, just can't post. :p

4. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Yeah, if you comment on forums like these while you work at Apple you are at risk of getting fired... and quickly.

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I wonder if they got the "apple poice" where they go around forums to search for violator, I mean how else would they find out.

6. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Well of course the people working at Apple stores who do browse the forums turn them in to save up points for a free iPod shuffle.

7. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Im sure some people who post things like"I spoke to an Apple employee yesterday and he/she told me yadda yadda yadda..." are actually apple employees

8. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Seriously, how can they find out who's who on these forums? When you sign up you don't have to take the username "AppleEmployeeNumber-whatever"... you know?

Get a free email on Yahoo (which is the devil, of course) and use a complete benign username. They'd ever know.

I don't see what the big deal is. There're folks here who just come to post in the Discussion forum - you know, just to talk about non-apple-related stuff.

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

If I remember correctly you can't sign up on MR using a free email address (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.).

10. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Anybody think we should have a sticky at the top of MacRumors saying "No, Apple Employees (Retail or Corporate) Do Not Post On Here" given the amount of posts about the same thing?

;) Just a thought.

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

umm I doubt this is true is it?

besides, even web based emails for the most part require another email address to sign up

12. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

I use a free email. Of course I have been using it for over 10 years, but its still a free one.

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I smell an Apple Employee.... So what kind of discount do u get? :D

14. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Apple employees are always around on these forums...my local store even recommended coming here when I bought my first Mac! ;)