Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redkatana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
i need a english.lproj folder for iphone 4 6.1.2 please if anyone has can you send to me.. i dont know whats wrong with mine

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
i need a english.lproj folder for iphone 4 6.1.2 please if anyone has can you send to me.. i dont know whats wrong with mine

I would do a restore, in this way you are ensuring that there are no problems going forward. How are you missing yours? Was this part of a "jail-break"??

redkatana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
i have no idea! well i have mine but the things in my settings are a little messed up, they're not named correctly that's all. it's just a little irritating when i go in my settings, are there any other alternative options besides restoring? i don't want to lose my jailbreak! and honestly, i really don't know how this happened... this iphone has been jailbroken for a really long time, i noticed the problem yesterday

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I would do a restore, in this way you are ensuring that there are no problems going forward. How are you missing yours? Was this part of a "jail-break"??

There would be no problems going forward if the English.lproj is replaced with a proper one.

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
There would be no problems going forward if the English.lproj is replaced with a proper one.

I assumed there could be permissions problems when done. I know that the english.proj file on the mac has issues when you are in there or replace a file.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I assumed there could be permissions problems when done. I know that the english.proj file on the mac has issues when you are in there or replace a file.

iOS devices are less problematic with permissions problems than Mac OS X.

redkatana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
alright thanks. im not really a tech wiz so decrypting and encrypting might be hard for me. if i just download the 6.1.2 ipsw file, can i just restore my iphone back to 6.1.2 while preserving the jailbreak? or is that not possible

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You cannot restore to iOS 6.1.2 without proper SHSH blobs and removing your jailbreak. You must decrypt it and extract the needed files.

redkatana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
i have the ipsw file for 6.1.2 and im really confused when it comes to extracting the needed file to put on my iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.