Does anyones imac still screen still freeze after the update??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by togermano, Nov 15, 2007.

1. togermano macrumors regular

2. CBAviator macrumors 6502

This may be better as a poll.

3. big.birdd macrumors member

big.birdd

4. stefanmeinl macrumors newbie

iMac 2.4 still freezing

I have just switched back to Tiger due to the freezing issue.
    Even after I updated to 10.5.1. I tried to work in iMovie and it was nearly impossible.:mad: I also have lots of trouble with the firewire 800 port,
    just will not mount the disk. (Both a WD Studio 1TB & LaCie 1TB) works in usb and firewire 400.

5. ascham87 macrumors regular

ascham87

Or instead of complaining you could...you know, CALL APPLE :)

6. stefanmeinl macrumors newbie

7. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

I don't believe the OP was referring to 10.5.1 rather the firmware update http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/15/imac-freezes-fixed-with-imac-graphics-firmware-update-1-0/ Try that if you have not already.

8. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

After weeks of waiting, my iMac is finally working like its supposed to. I always remind myself not to be an early adopter to avoid *first batch problems* but I guess Apple's products are always too irresistible for me to keep to my promise.

9. nzmc36 macrumors member

Crashed but so far okay

I have two iMacs (2.8 GHz 24" and a 20" 4.4 GHz), the 20" model ran the patch just fine and has been okay for two days. I don't use that machine so much (at home), the 24" model crashed during the installation and took two hard restarts to get going again.... but.... seems to be okay. I've only spent 5-6 hours on it since then (using trusty PB 17"). Neither of the machines (previously) crashed non-stop... they would run for two/three days absolutely fine then have a hissy-fit, so it may take another few days to know for sure....but so far so good.

Pete

10. digitalretouch macrumors newbie

Yes mine still freezes.

Okay, this seems hostile (it is) but why the heck did someone feel the need to shout out, I love mac? What the h#$k does that have to do with the question. Irritating.

ANYHOW, the answer to your question from me is this:
    20" imac, week 33 build-batch, 3GB RAM

and yes, I'm still freezing. Maybe we'll see patterns if people keep posting which week their imac is from and which ones resisted the patch and which ones work now.

Thanks for asking and good luck!