Does anyone's PocketMac Work?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigdb11, May 3, 2009.

1. bigdb11 macrumors regular

Does anyone with a unibody MBP have PocketMac that doesn't crash or cause any problems? Every time I try to sync it quits unexpectedly. I've tried numerous uninstalls and reinstalls to no avail. Followed the directions on MarkSpace. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

try missing sync, i hear its better than pocket mac. I had pocket mac, but i didnt really use it for calender and all that stuff. I just use the desktop manager so that i can back up my BB on parallels.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Works flawlessly with me. Does everything I need except for updates (still waiting for that feature!). I guess the only thing I can tell you is make sure you have the drivers from the website, it should work. (Too bad there is no support for it though...)

4. bigdb11 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, i do. I've tried everything, reinstall at least 10x.

5. urowgn macrumors newbie

Do u have a password on ur bb? You have to enter it on the program.

6. bigdb11 thread starter macrumors regular

nope.

7. jtus macrumors member

I was never able to get pocket mac to work tried it on 3 computers. I use Missing Sync and it works with the bluetooth also.

8. drewster macrumors member

I've found that clearing the databases first using the desktop manager via VMWare/Windows install made it work best - must like a clean BB to start. But yes - super quirky!

9. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Worst piece of software I ever bought. Never worked properly, their customer support never responded to me. Moved to missing sync and at least it mostly worked. Why are following directions on MarkSpace for PocketMac?

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

PocketMac did not recognize my BB half the time and the other half it would stall in the middle of the sync.

Missing Sync is $40 well spent.

11. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Yeah, same problems here. PocketMac constantly crashed when updating my BB Curve 8900 on both my iMac and MBA. I followed their simple instructions but to no avail. I'm now using MarkSpace but I wouldn't call it a great solution as many fields that Mac AddressBook uses can't be synced and remapped to BB fields.

The fact is BB software on the Mac sucks.

12. cemcr macrumors newbie

I'm "using" missing sync with my unibody 13" MB and a palm treo 750.... it works once a month.... I have to go thru all the technical directions, at the end I usually have to do a hard reset on my phone... it works again for a couple days and again it stops communication or sync....:mad::mad:

13. Genyus macrumors newbie

I struggled to use PocketMac with my Bold for months to no avail, until a later release finally let it recognise and sync properly. But then I came across The Missing Sync, switched to that and have never looked back.

Syncing with OS X is still more of an art than a science though, it would seem...