Does anything beat the Dinovo Edge

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mep42, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mep42 macrumors member

I have been looking to get a wireless keyboard, I am not to fond of the apple wireless one. I like the dinovo edge, but I am wondering if there is anything I missed?

Thanks

2. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

not really .. i just recently got my dinovo edge .. i really like it .. just wish there was a way to turn off the trackpad

3. dmarch macrumors regular

dmarch

I use the dinovo edge at the office and love it. I don't think there is a better keyboard out there. Don't have much use for the trackpad though.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

What are your needs?

There really isn't much of an alternative. I think that so much of the entire experience with a keyboard is dependent on preferences that it would be hard to say one way or another, but I love my diNovo Edge.

5. mep42 thread starter macrumors member

Logitech has discontinued it now, do you think they will be coming out with a new one anytime soon?

My main uses will be word processing/ email and photo editing.

Mark

6. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

you can still get the dinovo edge from macmall for 79 dollars i believe

anyone know of a way to disable the trackpad ?

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm lost what you are doing that makes this such a big issue? The only thing that you could possibly be doing would be constantly adjusting the volume?

8. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

its not a huge issue i was just curious .. there are times when i go over it and it moves the cursor

9. mep42 thread starter macrumors member

I am aware that about macmall and that is a great price, but it is still pretty steep. Have any of you had problems with the keys, some people seem to have problems with them months down the road and they said they could get no help from logitech.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

My keys began to stick to the bottom. (Coke spill, not what you are thinking.) I removed the keys and while it requires a tad bit more effort/care than a normal keyboard - it solved the issues. A lot of people had issues with the touch volume not working, but I have never had any of those problems. I've had the keyboard for close to a year and a half and have loved every minute of it.

Edit: Let's define irony:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/17/adesso-rolls-out-wkb-4200ub-wireless-keyboard/

11. mep42 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I saw that earlier today, Could they mack it look any similar?:D:D

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Perhaps. The real question is the performance - but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. IMO the diNovo is much prettier.