Does Aperture 3.3 feel faster to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zorinlynx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Just wondering if I'm the only one who feels Aperture 3.3 was a major speed upgrade.

iPhoto has always been a lot faster than Aperture in my experience, and now with the 3.3 upgrade, Aperture has caught up to iPhoto in terms of speed.

I wonder if the new iPhoto compatible database format is more efficient? Or if they borrowed speed tweaks that iPhoto has had for a while but for some reason took a while to make it into Aperture?

I'm loving this; my 2006 Mac Pro feels like new life has been breathed into it. :)

2. macbook123 macrumors 68000

3. TCMilner macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing faster rendering, less lag on use of brushes and other improvements in speed such as scrolling.

I also think they have improved some of the raw processing and adjustment algorithims, though I don't have evidence to support it.

4. apple-ette macrumors member

5. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

This is not Aperture 4 but it might as well can be. Apple rebuilt the Library engine for both Aperture and iPhoto. The UI stayed the same but as far as I'm concerned, this is an entirely new app.

I'm having some issues with the Library conversion though so I can't give it all thumbs up.

6. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

So far, faster, but I dont do much aperture editing (use it mainly for organization purposes)

So far, it has not put my system at 180 F yet, which was minimum at 3.2
    Sometimes I git 200+ when running it.

So much easier on my system, but not a fan of monochrome interface. Makes me feel like photos are missing... :(

7. HLX macrumors newbie

Also seems quicker for me. Hope it stays that way...

8. parish macrumors 65816

parish

Aperture feels snappier - makes a change from Safari then :p