Does Apple already know???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Dec 23, 2007.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Does Apple know about all the bugs the GMA X3100 is having? Where is the update?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. tribulation macrumors regular

there are huge issues with all graphics cards. not just the x3100. the radeon X1900 is failing big time with leopard with thousands of reports on apple's discussion boards

apple regularly deletes negative,hence bug reports on their forums.
    so you can try posting there but the majority of them will just be tossed with you getting an email saying their boards are for questions only not anything else. a bug or big problem sounds like a 'question' to me but thats their way of justifying deleting vast amounts of negative [read: people having problems with their products] questions

leopards graphic routines are very bugridden.you arent alone

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah man, what bugs?

I'm not having any issues.

A few examples of said 'bugs' would be good.

Thanks.......:cool:

5. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it." :- Winston Churchill.

Kinda sucks that they delete negative comments from their boards.

6. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I am not surprised that inaccurate representations, wild accusations and pointless ranting gets deleted.

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I'm always impressed at how many people are willing to give a corporation the benefit of the doubt over fellow people. With people this programmed (the company is right; the dissenters cannot be trusted), it's no wonder Apple (and leagues of other manufacturers) get away with the stuff they do.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

For those of you gloating about not having any issues...especially GMA X3100 owners. Try this and report back

Hold down shift and click on a stack any stack preferrably a stack of Applications in grid view and watch how everything will be jerky and not smooth. You don't even need to hold shift but holding shift will slow the animation down so you can see properly

Second test: Launch photobooth and toggle between the effects tab. You will definitely see a lag when toggling back and forth between the 3rd and 4th effects tab (squares)

Transitions and animations in general suck with Leopard but the X3100 seems to make things that much obvious probably due to sucky drivers of GPUs

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Of course I'm going to give Apple the benefit of the doubt. My MacBook works perfectly, with no problems, and TSE (the threadstarter) didn't tell us what his problems are- he just said "Does Apple know about all the bugs the GMA X3100 is having? Where is the update?"

That's crap.

10. John01021988 macrumors 6502

want a solution? Look under the Mac OS X forum and look for "Solution for choppy animations" There, you will have your problem fixed.

11. Surely Guest

Surely

I tried both tests that you suggested multiple times. Here are my results:
    1st test: Smooth like butta
    2nd test: Very slight (and I mean VERY slight) lag time.

12. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

My main problem is the inability to do 16-bit color, making it so I cannot do a lot of the software that worked on my Core Duo MacBook (Age of Empires II:Mac Edition). Photobooth is laggier than all hell, and I am not impressed.

13. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Thats good unfortunately thats not the same story for me and my whole experience with the GMA has increased my general dislike of integrated graphics.

14. iMan G5 macrumors member

15. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

So Apple is guilty until they can prove that they don't? I have seen many negative posts about Apple products on their discussion boards and in the user reviews in the online store. If a post is inaccurate, or someone clear has no idea what they are doing, or just flaming I can see why and approve of the deleting of these posts. They would do no good for someone looking for a solution for a problem. I mean, seriously Apple is not fascist.

16. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Tried both on my 24" 2.16GHz C2D iMac w/ 256MB 7600GT and no lag whatsoever. :)

17. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

18. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

".....especially GMA X3100 owners". The X1600/7600GT cards are fairly old and have more mature drivers than newer cards

19. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Hahaha, that has to be the lamest complaint I've ever heard. Poor you, can't play AOE II :(

No 16-color support haha, wow, that's a good one TSE. I mean really. How petty. Why not just use your MacBook? Or how about you PM me about SheepShaver (or Basilisk) and I help you out.

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Whats petty about it?. He IS trying to use his macbook by playing AOE on it which worked fine on a Core Duo model but for some reason won't on a newer supposed to be better model

21. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I am also unable to run Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, the latest version of it, which is Universal and works on previous Core 2 Duo MacBooks, but doesn't on the new ones, because of the graphics card. So yes, there are numerous problems.

22. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

loyal Apple Fan

Ok, I am a loyal Apple fan, ever since I had my Apple ][+ days. But I don't think that's a good idea to delete the problems people are having, with the machine or the OS.

This doesn't give Apple a good light to shine on. :(

Hugh

23. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

24. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

These are the "HUGE!" issues??? :confused: :rolleyes: