Does apple and usb wireless go together?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shaunymac, Jul 26, 2009.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

I have a question. I just went to sell an extra, original apple wirelless keyboard. You know, the ones with the big keys, and that have the number pad on the end?

So anyways, I get there and as soon as I show it to him, I open it and say, "See, it is mint. I have 2 and this one has never been used. It is bluetooth and" Then Bam! I get interrupted.

He lets me know that he can't use it on his windows machine because of the lack of bluetooth. I told him, to my knowledge all apple's wireless keyboards are bluetooth. He said, "no thats' not right." :)

So when did apple make a keyboard that featured a wireless dongle? I would like to know? I had to buy a dongle in the past to get it to work with my old powermac. Could someone enlighten me?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Lack in his machine or lack in his knowledge of your hardware?

Never. If he thinks it isn't Bluetooth, he's wrong.

3. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought I was right but I didn't speak my mind.

It makes me wonder how old his computer is though. My iBook G4 had bluetooth and it is around 4 years old. If it is a newer computer that is a shame.

4. bbydon macrumors 6502a

The old power macs BT was not standard but an add on. So they would need a dongle of some sort.