Does Apple automatically transfer Apple Care from Original Macbook to Replacement ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davmcn, Jul 25, 2011.

1. davmcn macrumors regular

Hey guys,

As probably most of you know, or if you don't. The first Macbook Pro I received had a dead pixel, and I sent it back, and got a new one sent to me. Out of my own curiosity , I went to the Apple Warranty Check website, and it says that I don't have Apple Care on the replacement, does Apple do it automatically , or do I have to call them ?

Thxs,Dave

2. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

I would assume they did but I call to confirm wouldn't hurt.

3. NStocks macrumors 65816

Yes they do.

However, my applecare was a month short. I filled out a form on-line with evidence proving otherwise, then a few days later it was updated.

4. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds good, will contact them, and just make sure.

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

6. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I heard you can call applecare and have the refund a pro rated amount of the original purchase. Not sure about transferring your go apple care to a new purchase model.

7. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I had the same thing happen with my MBP and had to call AppleCare and explain the situation. They transferred it while I was on the phone and verified that all went through correctly.

8. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I received a replacement unibody 2010 MBP for my 2008 machine with the 8600M GT and 3+ replacements. When they replaced my Mac I received a contract to sign and in it they stated that any purchased warranty remaining on the mac being replaced would be pro-rated based on the amount of time left and refunded to me.

9. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Refund ? All I honestly want to do is get the coverage on my new shiny and perfect Macbook Pro, and that's it . I don't want a refund. I want coverage!

10. satchow macrumors 6502

When I got a replacement MBP I had to call and transfer it over. But that's nice is that in addition to whatever you had left over on that warranty, they add a year to it because that's what your new MBP has.

11. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't end up calling. But on the page where it tells you about your warranty on your Macbook Pro, it says you can fill out a page of proof of purchase for Apple Care and they will sort it out for you within 48 hours. I filled it out and sent it off, if it doesn't end up working , I will call them. So far, very happy with the Macbook Pro. Lion is amazing :D

12. NStocks macrumors 65816

Really? They didn't give me an extra year...

So if you bought in 2008, the warranty expires 2012? Mines 2008 - 2011.

If this is ture I'll be on the phone to Apple!

13. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I just got off the phone with them, and they said they had transferred it. I have a question for you guys, does it show immediately on the website ? Or does it need to be updated ? He said I should receive a certificate within 7-10 business days.