Does Apple cancel order if credit card is declined?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stringbeanie, Oct 7, 2011.

1. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

My bad luck. I used a kind of new credit card for the 4S online Apple store purchase. I got an order number and no email confirmation from Apple, however, I got a FRAUD alert from my credit card company who thought someone stole my card and turns out they declined it. I called the cred card company and told them it was indeed authorized by me but I'm afraid my order will be cancelled. AT&T is already showing that number having used it's discount. Apple online order status is down or so slow that I can't check. anyone else ever have this problem?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Unless the charge went through, you can bet they will not ship! Bets to place another order with another credit card to get it reserved for shipping on the 14th

3. stringbeanie thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't place another order because it now shows that the phone number is no longer eligible for upgrade.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you got the credit card fixed, you can call where you ordered and have them run it though again. Due to it being the first day for 4S orders, it might be best to wait a day or so as the phones will be crushed!

5. stringbeanie thread starter macrumors 6502

Guess I'm just hoping they didn't just cancel the whole order the first time the card got declined.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Of course the order is cancelled. The computers not going to process an unpaid order.