Does Apple care about us?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sknikos, Aug 16, 2010.

1. sknikos macrumors newbie

Even though I am not posting frequently I am a long time Apple fanboy. But recently I started having second thoughts. Apple's recent success has changed the company to the worse. It feels like the company forgets its supporters. Features disappear from osx (anybody remembers videos playing in the dock?). Our GPU remain unused with problematic drivers. Yes, I know about the recent technologies in snow leopard but GPU hardware accelaration is last decade feature in windows. Adobe complained about it. Flash supports Nvidia GPU and not ATI's (even though all new iMac models have ATI's GPU). The reason is that Apple does not provides hardware accelaration for these GPUs. I could provide other examples as well but I would prefer to hear other people opinion about my thoughts:apple:

2. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I think it's still just a bit too early to give up all hope.
    Apple's new focus on iStuff is taking a lot of resources... after the iPod and iPhone, it's pretty clear that there's a lot of new consumer markets emerging... to stay on top, Apple has to jump on them asap.

As a video professional, I'm certainly concerned about their interest in the Pro arena... however, I do think that the desktop is at a plateau right now and Apple isn't in any immediate danger of being outdone by the competition... in fact, they're market-share is growing steadily and aside from (mostly) annual refreshes of the hardware, I'm not sure there's a lot they could focus on right now.

My prediction is that once they've thrown their hat into the remaining consumer technology rings (and likely dominated them) they'll turn back to the center of the hub; OS X and the desktop computer... at least I certainly hope so.

My guess is that we'll see some awesome new things in the next OS X, though it might be more then a year or two away still.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are not the first person, nor will you be the last, to come here to whine that Apple has become too big and too successful to care about you. Many of us have friends and families to worry about us. Some also have dogs, cats, hamsters, and horses whose love is unconditional. Most of us don't need the affection of large multinational corporations.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apple loves us. Didn't you see the last press conference for the iPhone 4?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Like the redheaded step children that we are.