Does Apple Care Transfer to a Warranty Replacement iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aboo, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get some advice from the wise sages on this board - I recently had to get my iPhone replaced due to some issues with the sleep/wake button. I had purchased and registered the Apple Care protection plan with my original iPhone and I was wondering if the plan will automatically transfer over to my new replacement iPhone.

Thanks in advance!

2. ZunePod macrumors regular

3. ViPa macrumors 6502a

yeah, it should assuming your still in the warranty period..id contact apple and give them the information for my new phone to make sure

4. Aboo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great! Thanks for the info guys, I will go ahead and contact Apple to see whats happening.

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Yes it does.
    One thing to note is that if you're coming to the end of your AppleCare Warranty Period, the replacement iPhone comes with a 90 day warranty. It depends which one is longer. Whichever one is longer is the one it uses.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

No it won't. We exchanged my wife's phone and we had to call Apple Care. We got it from an at&t store so we had to fax the receipt to them, then they are going to credit the credit card it was on. If we got it from the Apple store they can just credit it the credit card w/o me faxing anything to them. I then had to buy Apple care for the new phone.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

Why didn't you just contact them first before asking about it here?

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Maybe it's easier/more convenient to ask here instead of waiting on the line for Apple? Now that he knows the answer, he'd know that he won't be waiting in vain.