Does Apple corporate use MS Office or iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by striatedglutes, Apr 26, 2009.

1. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

Anyone have direct experience and know whether or not the Apple corporate offices encourage the use of iWork over Office? I would think that in some jobs Numbers would be fine, but the engineers for instance would have an easier time with Excel.

I'd imagine everyone uses Keynote for sure though.

2. hldomster macrumors member

Dunno, but on a side note I phoned Applecare in the UK and asked the guy what system he used. He said in the past they had eMacs, but now they use Mac Minis with "3rd party displays". No LED Cinema Displays for them, haha!

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Haven't a clue. But if engineers are using Excel, then there is trouble in paradise.

4. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

I know that there are Apple Internal editions of Microsoft Office, but I think it probably depends on the person at Apple.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since Office was created for Macs before Windows, I'm sure there's no policy against using it throughout the Apple organization, especially those who provide support for it.

6. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

IMO, since articles support Apple using NX from Siemens PLM to design their products and now a native OS-X version of NX is in the works, I think it would be a safe bet that Apple uses iWork.

I remember when Scott McNealy banned Microsoft Powerpoint at Sun but I think that was more of a productivity issue rather than a brand issue.

7. slashjunior macrumors regular

It is hardly surprising. For general office work I doubt you need much more than a Mac Mini. An accountant hardly needs an 8 core Mac Pro :p . You see some offices with iMacs, but I think it is only people who work in video and sound engineering really need Mac Pros with 24 inch displays.

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I always imagined they had iMacs and a few Pro's.

Guess its not as glam as I thought.