Does Apple cover broken Silence/Loud switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sal510, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Sal510 macrumors member

i just made an appointment for tomorrow at 8am at the Apple Store (dont they open at 11 or 10?) anyways last week the switch just fell i was pissed but didnt have time to make an appointment til tomorrow but does Apple cover it? or is there going to be a charge?

i hope yall can help

thanks

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

It should be covered, I don't see why not, unless it shows the water sensor has been tripped or the phone is excessively damaged (like it fell 5 floors or something)

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

They should cover it I would think as it sounds like a hardware defect.

4. Sal510 thread starter macrumors member

thank you guys so much
    and im glad my almost 1 year old iphone 3G still looks somewhat new
    once again thanks but also is the Genius Bar even open that early?

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

well you have to set an appointment most times so just go online and find an open time slot

6. Sal510 thread starter macrumors member

i did but its at 8AM but it also says the stores 4th of july weekend schedule is from 11am-7pm

so my question is does the genius bar open before the apple store?

7. army91c macrumors 6502a

At my store (Aspen Grove in Co.) they do the one on one and apple learning or what ever it's called. The store does not officially open until 1000 but I had a genius :rolleyes: apt at 0900. IF they say they won't replace it keep at it. No reason, unless excess damage is shown on the phone, the button should come off after a year. I replaced my 3gs after 6 days for 5 specs of dust under the screen. They guy said usually it has to be more and I said no way. 6 days = 5 specs.... 30 days = 25 and so forth. A $600 phone should not have such issues after only 6 days... or in your case 1 year.

8. calvy macrumors 65816

FYI search for threads started by me. I got a replacement easily on my scratched 3g because the switch fell off. As long as your water sensors are white, you are fine. There was another guy right next to me at the genius bar getting a replacement for the same thing.

9. Sal510 thread starter macrumors member

just got home from the Apple Store
    they switched it out immediately :D