iPad mini Does apple cover the damages/faults

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thelezzy, Nov 20, 2013.

1. thelezzy macrumors newbie

Ok, so there are two issues with my iPad

One is a malfunctioning volume button

Another is the screen retraining issue

This is with the first gen iPad mini which doesn't have reports of screen retaining issue
    Secondly, I am not sure if the malfunctioning volume button is counted under an actual hardware fault or wear and tear as it does natural wear out.
    Unit is in mint condition except for a few minor scratches on the bezel

Attached Files:

2. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

If you are within the return policy, then return it.

3. thelezzy thread starter macrumors newbie

It's well passed 14 days.
    It's still covered under warranty

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

My advice would be to make a Genius Bar appointment and take it in. Sometimes they will cover things outside of the normal warranty, sometimes they won't. Best of luck!

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

How well? If you bought it on or after Nov 1 you have until January 7th to return it.

6. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

7. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

Only if you purchased online (including online reservations for in store pickup).

If you just walked into a store and bought it, the standard 14 day return policy applies.

8. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If you take it back to an Apple store (with a Genius Bar appointment) they'll replace it for you on the spot.

9. tonyep macrumors member

My iPhone 5 had a semi responsive power button after using it for 6 months. I brought it in and were able to replicate the problem at the genius bar. They replaced it immediately.

10. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

My iPhone 5 developed a problem where the volume down button was very loose and the volume changed on its own. They couldn't replicate the volume changing issue but acknowledged the dodgy button so swapped it immediately. This was about 11 months after I bought it.

11. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

If it is still covered under warranty, make an appointment and they should make it right.

That is all.

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Not correct at least for an iPad (never tried with an iPhone). They will honor the holiday return policy and always have despite what it may or may not say on the receipt or what they tell you. Aside from my personal experience of returning an iPad purchased last November in January with zero hassle there is no logical reason why it would only apply to web purchases and not store purchases.

13. thelezzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I got a replacement unit.

The volume button feels wobbly. It doesn't bother me but I hope it will last :/