Does Apple even try to stop all the leaks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WJRush2000, Sep 7, 2016.

1. WJRush2000 macrumors newbie

WJRush2000

You could know practically everything about a new iPhone weeks before it's announced because of all the leaks! So, when the event comes around there aren't really any surprises. (I'm not complaining about a lack of surprises at Apple events- if I really cared about the events being a surprise, I wouldn't be on MR!)

I'm curious though, does Apple even try to stop all the leaks? Do they not care? Do they let it slide for the sake of building up hype for the event? Or do they try, but it's just too hard to stop them all? It's not like they don't know that a lot of information gets leaked... what do you think?

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

It's almost impossible to stop the leaks when you release a phone a week and a half after announcing it. The only way Apple could prevent leaks is to announce it way before production.

3. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I don't think they can for most things tbh. Especially with things like this release. Announcement to customers hands in 9 days is a tall order, production must have started a while back.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if some things are strategically leaked months in advance to gauge industry/customer reactions (i.e. headphone jack, or lack thereof).