Does Apple finally fix the animation "bug"?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Bladery, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Bladery macrumors 6502

hey guys,

Can anyone with beta 1 can check if it is possible to interact WHILE the animation is playing? Like the apps are flying in and you try to open an app

Thanks!

2. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Jukens macrumors regular

I can do that on iOS 8.4 betas just not with task switcher. iOS 9 I tested that you could t at all.

4. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

What do you mean by "the apps are flying in"?

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

it remembers what you tap and then opens the app once it's finished the animation

6. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

For example you unlock your iPhone, the apps will fly in. (sorry, I am not a native speaker).

Or maybe another example you can try:

If you open Safari and see a link you wanna "Open in background", there will be a small animation where the link will jump to the upper right corner.
    in iOS 8.3 during this animation you cannot do anything else (like scrolling through the page).
    What about iOS 9?

7. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

I see what you mean. For the Safari test, do you mean holding down on a link and tapping "add to reading list"? If so, its not possible to scroll when the small text animation happens. As for the 'apps jumping in', the animations finish before I could swipe to the left or right so I couldn't test that. I've also tried coming out of an app and swiping - you can't swipe or interact until animation finishes.

Hope that helps.

8. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly what I mean...
    That's ****. I hate it...

9. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

To be fair, that's hardly much of an issue unless you're device is really slow with the animations.

10. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

As you may know there are a few threads about this problem...
    Indeed it's a problem :/

Compare it with iOS 6 where such problems didn't exist.

11. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You're not being very clear here, to my understanding these issues should be fixed by doing the following in Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion On

12. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't get me wrong. I do like the animations but I don't like that I cannot interrupt them...

13. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

Ah so the issue is solved, you just don't like the solution. If there's an option called "Reduce Motion" solely added to do exactly what you're asking for. Do you think it's realistic to think that apple has done something about an issue they already gave us a solution for?

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

It doesn't resolve the phone not reacting to user input while transitions (be they animated or not) are performed. Unlike it was before iOS 7 where the phone would react to user input even in the middle of a transition.

15. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Nope, reduce motion just changes the animation from zoom in/out to fade in/out, it's still the same speed. In iOS 6 you could interact while animations were in motion while iOS 7 and up makes you wait.

16. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

Wait what? I thought this was solved. Is it with non-6 devices only then? because there's no waiting period for me at all. The "fade in" animation isn't hindering anything at all. As soon as I see icons I can press whatever app and it'll respond.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

Still there. For example, when loading the home screen after unlocking the phone I can swipe a few times on the screen before anything responds to my swipes.

18. Bladery thread starter macrumors 6502

@C DM

Thanks for describing it perfectly (and "translating" in proper english hehe)! That is what I mean!

Basically there is no change at all to the new iOS which is supposed to bring performance enhancements?!