Does Apple has a mission statement?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Muro, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

2. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I don't know whether Apple has an official mission statement. "Think different" was more a marketing campaign slogan, IMO.
    However Tim Cook has said the following, that I think embodies what Apple stands for:

A very similar message with a different wording was in one of the beautiful iPad TV-ads:

"We believe"

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

They list one on their Investor Relations website

-t

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

True, thanks for the tip!
    It goes like this:

Kinda lame, if you ask me :p.
    They should change it for that first sentence in the Tim Cook quote above:

5. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

There is an extraordinary breadth and depth and tenure among the Apple executive team, and these executives lead over 35,000 employees that I would call "all wicked smart". And that's in all areas of the company, from engineering to marketing to operations and sales and all the rest. And the values of our company are extremely well entrenched.

We believe that we're on the face of the Earth to make great products, and that's not changing. We're constantly focusing on innovating. We believe in the simple, not the complex. We believe that we need to own and control the primary technologies behind the products we make, and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution.

We believe in saying no to thousands of projects so that we can really focus on the few that are truly important and meaningful to us. We believe in deep collaboration and cross-pollination of our groups, which allow us to innovate in a way that others cannot.

And frankly, we don't settle for anything less than excellence in every group in the company, and we have the self-honesty to admit when we're wrong and the courage to change. And I think, regardless of who is in what job, those values are so embedded in this company that Apple will do extremely well.

--- Tim Cook, 2009

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

You should the Apple Retail credo card. It's essential six pages of mission statements. LOL

I'd be surprised if Apple Corp employees don't have their own version.

7. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

It's like everybody else in business: Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money Money!:(

8. *LTD*, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

*LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Acer is in it for the money. Apple is in it for the money, too.

However, the differences between these two organizations and the products they churn out is like night and day.

Note those differences. And then "money money money . . ." becomes an explanation that is far too simplistic to be tenable. It is at best a corollary of Apple's being in business. Profitability is the goal, no question. But you can achieve it by cutting corners and pushing sheer volume, or you can do it with a little bit of pride by creating products that are worthy of your ambitions.

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Um,, isn't that the goal of any business? Make money? If they didn't make money how would they stay in business? I guess Sony, Motorola, Samsung, Google and the like are not in it to make money?