Does apple leather case help prevent the bend-gate?

Dabearfan101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Picking up a iPhone 6 + on friday and was wondering would the 6+ leather apple case help prevent the bend gate issue?

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
I just got a black leather Apple case for my iPhone 6. It offers no rigidity at all. It is soft leather, quite thin and malleable. It is really nice but will do nothing to prevent bending. The 6+ case will be the same. I recommend cargo pants or a man purse.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Better than a case, don't grab the phone by the edges and twist it. Don't drop it in the toilet. Don't drive your car over it. Don't drop it from a third floor. Some simple common sense and you'll be fine.

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
Better than a case, don't grab the phone by the edges and twist it. Don't drop it in the toilet. Don't drive your car over it. Don't drop it from a third floor. Some simple common sense and you'll be fine.
Also: Don't put the phone in your pocket. Source: my sister's 6 Plus is already bent after just 3 days. Her iPhone 5 that she had since it came out has no bends.

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Also: Don't put the phone in your pocket. Source: my sister's 6 Plus is already bent after just 3 days. Her iPhone 5 that she had since it came out has no bends.

Ya and my sister found Bigfoot just 3 days after moving to Alaska. She didn't sit on him though. She got the video on her 6 plus, but the scare of Bigfoot caused her to sit down. Now her phone is bent and only records at 45 angles.

----------

just bent on its own?
Yes, it's liquid aluminum. It conforms to idiots.

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
I'm baffled by the false equivalency people are using. Nobody is denying that *any* of these smart phones (Samsung, Apple, etc) can bend under certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean they all bend equally. To deny the higher level of vulnerability to bending that this phone presents is really disappointing to see on these forums. I get it, we're big fans and dropping lots of cash on new phones and don't want to admit that they're not as sturdy as we hoped, but just because we're fans of Apple doesn't mean we should toss around disingenuous arguments to try to minimize what is a serious issue.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Ya and my sister found Bigfoot just 3 days after moving to Alaska. She didn't sit on him though. She got the video on her 6 plus, but the scare of Bigfoot caused her to sit down. Now her phone is bent and only records at 45 angles.

----------

Yes, it's liquid aluminum. It conforms to idiots.
I believe in Bigfoot.

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2014
i'm baffled by the false equivalency people are using. Nobody is denying that *any* of these smart phones (samsung, apple, etc) can bend under certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean they all bend equally. To deny the higher level of vulnerability to bending that this phone presents is really disappointing to see on these forums. I get it, we're big fans and dropping lots of cash on new phones and don't want to admit that they're not as sturdy as we hoped, but just because we're fans of apple doesn't mean we should toss around disingenuous arguments to try to minimize what is a serious issue.
+1

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I'm baffled by the false equivalency people are using. Nobody is denying that *any* of these smart phones (Samsung, Apple, etc) can bend under certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean they all bend equally. To deny the higher level of vulnerability to bending that this phone presents is really disappointing to see on these forums. I get it, we're big fans and dropping lots of cash on new phones and don't want to admit that they're not as sturdy as we hoped, but just because we're fans of Apple doesn't mean we should toss around disingenuous arguments to try to minimize what is a serious issue.

Don't forget, Apple dicked us with keeping 16 GB in their iphone line up and not starting at 32 GB.

What a total dick move.

Let wait for apple fanboys come and defend Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.