Does Apple let you return a recently bought Macbook when they announce a new one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cargo75, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Cargo75 macrumors newbie

Basically I just bought a rMBP on October 9, and just saw that they are more than likely going to refresh it on the 22nd. I know the update will be minor, but I would obviously like to have the latest version. I will be right outside of the 14 days they allow for you to return a Macbook (16 days i believe).

So my question is, does Apple ever extend the number of days you can return your Macbook for recent purchasers? Or do I need to go ahead and return it before the announcement?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

they might, but don't count on it. Usually you just get 14 days, period.

3. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Apple may announce the refresh, but the release will not be right away. Perhaps sometime in November would be my guess, and you are well pass the 14 day return policy by then.

4. chetzar macrumors newbie

If you can, and you really want the new update, I'd return it now and pick up the new one when it becomes available.

5. Cargo75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh man, ok.

I guess I will go ahead and box it up tonight and return it. I don't mind waiting a little longer.

Thanks for the responses guys!

6. Xerotech macrumors 6502

Often times the product may not be available on launch day. You'd be without a computer for a little longer, but well worth the wait. :)