Does Apple limit number of returns per customer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tadziak, Oct 10, 2012.

1. tadziak macrumors regular

Hi everybody,
    Since many of us are having multiple problems with new rMBP or Iphone 5's, I was wondering whether Apple limits the number of returns that a customer makes over a year or so?

For example - is it possible that if you return your Iphone/Ipad 10 times and then buy a Macbook - Apple may refuse to process a return, despite being in '14 days period'?

What if you first return a Macbook 5 times and encounter problems with each, finally go for a refund and then in a few weeks try buying it again by starting a new order? Does everything 'reset' then and you are entitled to your returns again?

2. gbit macrumors member

after the 14 days you only can switch your device a maximum of 7 times before they will charge you

3. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

Please read my post again - I was asking about something different: If number of returns in some previous order affects the number of returns you can make within the new order (same or different item).

4. gbit macrumors member

5. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

Aaa, so I assume that's the only known limitation concerning the returns at Apple?:)

6. gbit macrumors member

yeah perhaps they have internally something more complex like
    if username = tadziak NO RETURNs ;)

7. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

Well, I wouldn't blame them, when reading about people here returning 6-7 consecutive iPhones, iPads, MBPs or whatever to get the screen "just perfect"...

(Not that I'm defending Apple's lack of quality control/standards on some products like MBPr and iPhone5, but when a company like Apple is pushing the envelope in terms of technology and design (and have become as big as they are now), something's gotta give sometimes.)

8. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

See, now we are getting to something ;) Actually after my initial rMBP problems and 4 returns, by now I know every single person working at the 'aftersale' support, which is kind of embarassing, because they start to treat me like a freak, while I know it's not really their fault that lately Apple's QC sucks...
    So yes, there might be a special filter forbiding returns when making an order from my name ;)

9. ZipZap macrumors 601

Each device is separate if they are on separate orders.

10. klover macrumors 6502a

There are no item-specific or customer-specific limits. Trust me, I've tested both well beyond the made-up limit of 7.

11. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Each device has a maximum RMA of 7 times. Say you bought a MBP, for what ever reason you want to swap it to a rMBP thats considered as 1 time, and the rMBP has other issues so you returned it for another rMBP thats 2 times. But if you go to the same store and buy an iPhone, iPad or some other stuffs and return those its considered as a different item/transaction.

12. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Or PITA Customer = Don't allow any sales in this name :D

13. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

I believe the system is:

7 returns = no more returns
    14 returns (across different purchases) = refuse future sales
    21 returns (across different purchases) = send out iHitsquad team to take you out