Does Apple Music compress Mobile Save Offline?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by chrf097, Jun 30, 2015.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I've noticed that, according to iTunes desktop, my music collection from Apple Music is 2.35GB!! I'm barely even though the Gs! (I'm copying music over from Spotify). My entire Spotify collection saved to mobile was 2.35GB! (600 something songs!)

I only have a 16gb iPhone, so there's no WAY I can store my entire library if it will end up being this big! Is there a way to compress the files (lower quality for example) for mobile, as I like to download all my songs.

If not, guess I'll pick and choose playlists...

2. zakarhino macrumors 6502a

zakarhino

"You don't need to compress the tunes! 16GB is fine! Everything is in the cloud! Cloud is ultra fast!"

Someone wake Schiller up please?

Let's hope iOS 9 golden master includes support for compressed offline support with low bandwidtch streaming accompanied by high quality 320 kbps (lossless would be nice) with standard/high quality offline files.

So very frustrating for a service to be this good yet had so many small problems with it. Fixing them later down the road is a hope but for a trillion dollar company I would have liked a better rollout.

Heck, Beats Music had virtually no truly experience-ruining bugs in it when I started using it! (with the exceptions of playlist management).

But hey! At least Apple kept the sluggish search and 100 degree device temperatures from Beats Music!

3. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Beats Music's web player on Mac was unusable for months, constantly freezing a few seconds into a song. Although out of the gate Beats did have fantastic audio that was tested to be superior to Spotify and Rdio, and it shows. Beats sounds much better than Apple Music.

4. zakarhino macrumors 6502a

zakarhino

Their web player is what made me switch back to Google Play. I think the app was okay though.

5. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

OK, so I'm about halfway through my library now, and I'm at ~2.8GB according to iTunes desktop. 300 something-ish songs. I still have some to add, but I'm predicting my library to hit to almost 4GB. That's a lot....but I can deal with it. I also probably will make playlists tonight since I have such a busy day today, and then choose to only download certain playlists.