Does Apple Not send alerts/texts anymore...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kal-037, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I ordered items from Apple.com and Apple used to send alerts to my idevices like: "your AppleWatch is on it's way!" or "today is the day." But they didn't do that for a satchel or a MacBook order of mine. Does anyone know if they only do that for just iOS devices? Obviously I won't/didn't die from this, it was just fun that they did stuff like that.

Kal.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You may not have added your phone number to that order.

I ordered a Mac mini, Magic Trackpad, Wireless Keyboard and HDMI cable last week. It's coming in two shipments, well, the accessories already arrived yesterday, and I've been getting texts for everything.

3. Kal-037 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Ah I see, thank you... though it's weird that when I ordered my iPad through their website the same as I did my Mac I didn't have to add my phone number. I just added it now, but again strange it didn't show up when I ordered my Mac.
    Again, many thanks sir. :)

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its been a while since I ordered anything from apple.com, I had not known that they'd send a notification to your phone - kind of cool. I'll need to order something just to test it out :p

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I think you should. Give me your credit card info and I'll place the order for you. I'll be sure to add your telephone number so you get the alerts too. :p