Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I check on the site but it still list the original price?
Was wondering if there was discount.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
Your best bet for discounts on iPads is through a retailer or online. Apple has price matching too (in store only), if you prefer Apple over retailers.

JGWolven

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2013
Just curious and I apologize for it being slightly off topic, but what's the student discount for Mac products?

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
I got 14% discount on my MacBook Pro and 6% on my ipad air through the education discount.

I'm in the UK and work for a Higher Education institution.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Your best bet for discounts on iPads is through a retailer or online. Apple has price matching too (in store only), if you prefer Apple over retailers.

But only other brick and mortar which makes it hard to find a price to match

----------

I got 14% discount on my MacBook Pro and 6% on my ipad air through the education discount.

I'm in the UK and work for a Higher Education institution.

Suspect institution is the key there. Schools can fall under corporate style rules and they do get discounts in almost everything.

Teachers and students don't. Especially students

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
But only other brick and mortar which makes it hard to find a price to match

----------

Suspect institution is the key there. Schools can fall under corporate style rules and they do get discounts in almost everything.

Teachers and students don't. Especially students

If you need it now, you're out of luck (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). You can try your college's computer store (the one operated by the university), sometimes they have discounts. I know mine has (small discounts though compared to retailers).

Target had several discounts on iPads last year (outside of Black Friday), so hopefully the trend will continue. I also forgot to mention, Apple only price match the price not the gift cards.

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
London
I think there is a small discount on the iPad air for uni students in the uk, there is no discount on the mini though.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
no i believe not- i wish they did, ipads are becoming pretty popular and useful in the class room--
i could be wrong but i think apple discounts the MBA for education(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Maybe look at an ipad mini 1st generation or a refurbished ipad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.