Does Apple offer battery replacement service?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by phrehdd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

While cleaning up my flat, I found one of my older iPods that of course doesn't turn on (even if cable connected). Does Apple offer battery replacement for older models? This is 2gig Mini unit. Also do these older iPods handle newer IOS? Sorry if these are rather elementary questions but I have lived so long in the iPhone world I don't recall much about iPods.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

3. phrehdd thread starter macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Thanks much for the response. I'll investigate if there are 3rd parties that offer the battery and do some surgery myself on the device. Again thanks for the response.

4. BruiserB macrumors 65816

iPod mini battery replacement is pretty easy.....I found this available on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPLACEMENT...S_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item5d46e0ecd7

There's plenty of others on offer too if you just put in iPod mini battery replacement on the search. Most come with instructions and you could also check YouTube for video instructions. Don't be afraid to give it a shot.

Also I understand it's possible to upgrade to much larger storage capacity by swapping out the hard drive with a compatible Compact Flash storage card...I think you can go as large as 32 or 64GB. I've seen instructions on the web but never did it to my mini. I may do it someday just for fun.

5. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Among the iPods, only iPod Touch runs iOS.

6. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Does Apple offer battery replacement service?

But the old iPods do still work with current versions of iTunes.....I'm not sure if this is what the OP meant, but it is what I think he may have intended to ask.