Does Apple Patents It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibodnano, Mar 1, 2009.

1. ibodnano macrumors newbie

Flick scrolling(in stead of scrollbar) apple patent?

(Stantum.com)Multitouch software technology on resistive touchscreen(used by other phone manufacturers) is not allowed? Apple will sue them if they use it in thier phone?

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Nope, Apple doesn't have a patent on it. Kinetic touch scrolling has been around for years. I did it myself back in the 90s.

They don't have a patent on multi-touch either.

The only Apple patent that seems to be violated by others, is one related to the rubberband effect when you reach the end of a screen. (I haven't examined it closely yet, though.)

Engadget had a pretty good article about various patents here.

4. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Apple patents everything! Why, in the license agreement with the iphone, only the authorized user of the iphone (The person who the iphone is registered to) is allowed to actually use the multi-touch features on the iphone. Everyone else caught using these features on the iphone, is subject to civil action not mention that it voids the warranty on the iphone. Just try taking your iphone into the genius bar for service and watch how fast they ask if you let anyone else use your phone. if you say yes, they say "sorry, but you violated your user agreement with apple" :eek: Then they take your information and sue you. :rolleyes:

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Sarcasm overload. It's too early for this.