Does Apple pricematch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kvnkvnkvn, Oct 14, 2011.

1. kvnkvnkvn macrumors member

I'm asking because I noticed that the 13inch Macbook Pro is $999 at Microcenter vs 1199 at Apple. the Apple store is across the state line so the sales tax rate is lower so that plus the $200 off would be a great deal.

I have looked online and get answers of yes and no so does anyone know which is it.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

No they don't. I have seen posts in here that when folks tried to get an Apple Store to price match MicroCenter, that the Apple employee suggested they get their :apple: product at MicroCenter since it was less expensive.

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

No. You want to buy from the cheap store? Go ahead. You will get cheap store service as well. Having been in the retail business, I applaud them for their policy.

4. kvnkvnkvn thread starter macrumors member

Excuse me; what do you mean cheap store service I don't need store service all I need is to go in get the product and leave nothing else.

5. simsaladimbamba

The advantage with an Apple product is, that even if you bought it somewhere else than an Apple Store, you can still get service at an Apple Store, thus one does not need the MicroCenter service.
    I never bought my Macs directly from Apple, and I still got service for them, if needed.

6. T4R06 macrumors 65816

i did get mine @ BB. they did pricematch. the reason why i chose BB is i am a premier member and that was it. either way, you can still have your MBP get serviced to apple store for a year.

7. chins01 macrumors newbie

Price Match

I haven't tried getting a price match in store but online they will price match up to 10% off the regular price. However, they will not price match through the education store so if you qualify for educational pricing you should check which one is cheaper.

The Microcenter $999 price was the best deal I could find but I didn't want to drive 2 hours each way to get to the nearest Microcenter. I called Apple and they offered me a price match of up to 10% the standard retail price of $1199, which came to $1080. That's cheaper than the education store and there's no hassle of having to get to the nearest Microcenter.