Does Apple read the communities?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dilap, Oct 28, 2014.

1. dilap macrumors 6502a

Does Apple read their support communites? I have heard yes and no so I just wanted to clear it up. Please, if you say yes or no, don't just guess or estimate, and preferabky tell me how u know?

2. impaler macrumors 6502

Yes, they do. There's plenty of noted removals of what Apple deems to be offensive, or non-productive conversations in the discussion forums. However, to really reach Apple about something, you should provide feedback through their formal process.

3. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks you cleared a lot of things up for me

4. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Yes. Before I joined this forum I posted a question about the iPad replacing lower end MacBooks and it was promptly removed and I was told I violated their guidelines by discussing prospective products.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

While I don't have concert info, Apple does own and operate them so therefor the administrators and moderators would be Apple employees (or at the very least contracted by Apple).

6. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the help. One other thing, I i were to post something like a problem that only Apple could solve, could they contact me?

7. SusanK macrumors 68000

Apple owns MacRumors? Am I understanding that correctly?

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think Apple just moderates them as far as I know apple employees don't actually post. If it is something Apple has to deal with to fix you are best off calling their support number or making an appointment to take it to the genius bar.

They are talking about the support forums on Apple's own site.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

Thanks. Makes sense. Appreciate it.

10. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

So if my iPhone had been delivered bent, and I posted on their website, is it possible to receive a phone call or an email telling me to go the genius bar or a replacement label or to contact support? None of this actually happened. i was just wondering.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

This is an example and there are other Apple forums specific to developers.

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Nope, assuming Apple doesn't delete it for saying that it bent you'll probably get someone else posting there telling you that you need to take it in.

13. SusanK macrumors 68000

Julien, thanks for the response. I didn't read this entire thread and thought the reference was to MacRumors. Sorry.