Resolved Does Apple really make changes to the iPad a few months after it's release?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by garlicipad, Mar 30, 2012.

1. garlicipad, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

garlicipad macrumors newbie

I have been told by a number of people that I made a mistake purchasing the 3rd gen iPad because it's new tech and is bound to have issues. I was then told I should return the iPad and wait a few months and buy it again. They told me that after a few months Apple refine the product. They told me this is why people ask for model numbers of Apple products so they know which release they are getting when it's a resale.

Is there any truth to this? I luvs muh iPad, i dun want give it back and hav to waits :eek:

2. harlex macrumors member

How long do you want to wait. If you would like to enjoy the New iPad then go and buy one. You can wait for ever for improvements, and any improvements will be done through software any major changes or even minor changes for that matter will be in the iPad 4 or whatever they call it.

Go on treat yourself it is really great, I have had the 1, 2 and now the new one.

3. Holoshed macrumors regular

Ok this is complete bs. The reason, look at antenna problems with iPhone 4. Did they magically fix it with a new batch? Nope the fix was use a bumper or wait for 4S. Apple does not tweak parts mid gen like other companies. They do however do things like swap out screen mfgrs mid run (Samsung/Sharp) and ram (could google the brands) but this is not because of problems, it's usually planned to help mitigate so no shortages etc.

In other words, keep it and if you have a problem, Apple will fix it within your "free year long" warranty.

4. garlicipad thread starter macrumors newbie

5. cinca macrumors regular

The only additional recommendation I would make is to consider getting the new apple care plus policy for I believe $99 here in the US.

This will extend your Apple care warranty for an additional two years and if you run into any issue you have your iPad repaired or replaced with a new one.