Does Apple really replace screens that had the coating damaged

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dekema2, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

I have an appointment with the Apple store to see if I can get a free screen replacement as it's taken a beating from the whole coating fiasco. The issue that I have is that outside of news articles on October 17th I haven't seen anything official about this program and feel like I will be looked at with two heads if I tell them about the program.

Has anyone had success with this?

2. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

I had mine replaced for free but my computer was under Applecare at the time. I'm not sure about those that are out of warranty.

3. redshifted macrumors regular

redshifted

My sons' 13" and 15" rMBP screens were replaced (without us asking for it specifically) when they went in under AppleCare for battery end-of-life replacements.

As the above poster says, they were also both under AppleCare at the time.

4. Rkuda macrumors regular

Rkuda

I just had this fixed at the Apple Store. I took it in and said I had a screen issue on my 2013 MBPr, they took one look at it and said they'll fix it for free. About a week later they had finished repairing it.

Great service and finally my screen doesn't look like crap anymore.

I never even had AppleCare for it either.

5. vidalksa macrumors newbie

Same for me the Apple Store changed the screens on my 2013 MacBook Pro 13 and 15''
    Took one day, and both did not have Apple Care.

6. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

They do in fact fix this! I would take it in whether or not it's got a warranty left. I believe that computers that cost half the price don't suffer this problem.