Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
i keep looking at Apple One and thinking i should be on it, but its almost like they dont want me to have it. Not flexible enough and their individual options sometimes have annual payments making them even better.

as it stands, i only pay for Apple TV+. On a monthly contract but ive only just thought having read another thread that it makes sense to pay annually. Well worth it even if every month just one tv series provides an episode a week as they are really getting great series now.

So instead of €4.99 a month it will be €49.99 a year so €4.17 a month.
I pay 99c a month for 50gb storage. this isnt quite enough, just got another warning that im within a gb. I dont need a 200gb family pack, i dont need to share and 100gb would be far more than enough. Plus why cant i pay for this yearly?

Apple Arcade, doesnt grab me much, i find the games a bit style over substance but if it was cheap and part of a package, apple music i have alot of my own music so i dont need it but it is better....
Fitness+ ive just tried for a months trial then its €9.99 a month but i can get a whole year for €59.99.

So then i look at Apple One.
I can pay €11.95 a month for music plus tv plus arcade plus the same 50gb. so €6 for games and music. but doesnt fix my storage. guess if i take this plus 50gb storage thats €12.95 a month.

and then im thinking there must be an option to include fitness. However all there is is Family, doesnt make sense for me as it adds sharing plus 200gb storage when i only need 100gb.

above that, Premier, €25.95 to give me 2tb of storage i dont need, sharing i dont need, and unless its badly worded, you dont get the whole of Fitness+ just Workouts Powered by Apple Watch which i guess is just sound and not video? Actually on googling it seems its just badly worded and we are supposed to know that Fitness+ and 'Workouts Powered by Apple Watch' are the same thing.

so that brings me back to a hodgepodge, where i am probably cheaper to take the tv+ paid annually, plus i either keep 50gb and do a bit of pruning of my photo library, or pay for 200gb for €3 a month.

And do i pay fitness+ for a year, or just bin it....

too complicated Apple. just let me click on some options and end up with just what i need, 100gb storage, tv+, fitness, and then charge me a couple of euros each for music and games and stick it all together, and then allow me to pay for a year at a small discount and I will be happy, and Apple will be happy, and multiply that by millions of happy subscribers and happy apple bank account. the minute you give too many imperfect options people dont bother to sign up.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
May I ask where you come from? Because I don't see a 11,95€ Apple One option. For me it starts at 14,95€.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Looks to me like you really don’t need Apple One.

Tbh though surely I’m the perfect customer for apple one. Someone who wants some or most of the apple services and would probably pay a wee bit more for everything even though I don’t really need them.

However the minute it’s not packaged I’m likely to take less. Probably I’ll pay tv and fitness for a year costing me €110 and keep my €12 for 50gb even though I need a wee bit more. So apple is getting €10 from me where they could happily get maybe €18-€20 from me if they offered me an apple one package that fits me. And if it fits me it would fit a lot of people.

I’m sure prices are totally different in every country but also sure the idea is the same.

And working in sales I’ve always thought of you make choices too complicated people don’t buy.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
I'm confused by Apple One pricing also. I had asked a few people what happens to the series you already paid for? I assumed you'd get a pro-rated refund. One Apple CS said yes, another one said no.

Can anyone confirm? I'd actually love to consolidate once my free year of ATV+ is up since I am paying for 200gb iCloud (monthly), Music (annual) & Workout (annual) already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.