Does Apple reject international iPhones in the US?

Neeliosis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
New York, NY
I have an unlocked German iPhone 4S that I've been using on AT&T and has an unresponsive home button. Simple question: Will Apple replace it just like a normal iPhone?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Yes. Apple service is world wide
Not for the iPhone. In fact, according to the terms of service it looks like you won't be able to get it serviced in the US if the Genius interprets the ToS to the letter:

(iv) This Plan is offered and valid only if you are a resident of a country in which Apple or its affiliated
companies offers the Plan that are set forth here:
http://www.apple.com/legal/applecare/emeaiphonedcountrylist.html. This Plan is not offered to
persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan may not be available in all states, and is not
available where prohibited by law.

Comment

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I have had no problem replacing phones purchased in Malaysia and Singapore at the US Apple store.

I suspect that language on the support page is an out for the odd case rather than the norm.

Comment

Neeliosis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
New York, NY
Well I do have an appointment setup for tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure before I waste my time. I don't care what phone they give me as long as the version works with AT&T. I called AppleCare and they told me that there should be no problem replacing it. Thanks guys! :D

Comment