Does apple replace defective iPhones with new ones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SFTifoso, May 27, 2011.

1. SFTifoso macrumors newbie

I was having a small issue with my iPhone 4. So I took it to the Genius bar to see what could be done. The tech looked at it and was unable to fix the issue, so he offered to replace the phone. I forgot to ask if it would be a new phone. When he brought the other phone, it was in this black plastic case with a white label sealed over the opening. The label said $199 (16 GB iPhone). When he took out the phone it had the two clear plastic screen protectors on the front and back. From what I could tell the phone was very clean, and the dock connector fits a bit tighter than my previous phone.

The phone works perfectly, apart from getting a bit hotter than my other phone and the battery drains a bit quicker, but that seems to be improving. Anyways, it would be cool if it was a new phone, but I can live with good quality refurb, as long as it works.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

This late in the product cycle it'll be a referbished unit.

3. SFTifoso thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

50/50 then. Check the serial number