Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
...I have that cable with my 60Gb iPod photo and it won't work on my iPod Touch...made the mistake of brining it with me on a trip and got stuck with out my iPT...

What? Me and my sister swap that wire to use all the time, we both have Touch's but she has an additional Nano 1G

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
before:
1264275104-25149-0.jpg

after:
apple%20ma591.jpg

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
I went into Apple yesterday to swap mine and they said no, no reason, just no.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
I wonder if they still provide the exchange today? Anyone any idea? Btw, can anyone confirms that the new Apple USB cable have better built quality? thanks

allpurposeguru

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
...I have that cable with my 60Gb iPod photo and it won't work on my iPod Touch...made the mistake of brining it with me on a trip and got stuck with out my iPT...

Those cables work fine with the iPod Touch. Note that a FIREWIRE cable won't work any more, but the USB cable with release buttons will work fine. I use them all the time. (I only mention this because the iPod Photo worked with both the FireWire and USB cables.)

Make sure that your case will allow the plug to be fully seated in the iPod Touch. Some cases (like some of the iPhone 4 bumpers) only work with the newer "slim" cables. (the "slim" cable plug is narrower in height than the older cables.)

You should get the 'gleep' sound when you plug it in, and the lightning bolt will appear on the battery indicator. If this doesn't happen, there is something wrong with the cable.

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Had to get my 8 month old iPad's cable replaced due to fraying on dock end-- I never move it away from the coffee table near the wall outlet.

Walked in and showed to a blue shirt dude. He asked for my iPad serial number... After much discussion as they couldn't find the sn as registered, they gave me a new cable.

I was at Apple Store-Americana in Glendale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.