Does apple replace iPhones for a cost?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tsuikyit, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Tsuikyit, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016

Tsuikyit macrumors newbie

I recently dropped my 6S while cleaning it. Not that I want to replace it, but I'm just curious if Apple replaces iPhones if I were to send mine in and pay a fee.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes

$299 without AppleCare

3. Tsuikyit thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply!

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

5. Tsuikyit, Jul 8, 2016

Tsuikyit thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a follow up to a recent post I posted a while ago. I dropped my iPhone 6Son the side out of its case as I was cleaning it. There are two dents on the side of the body and some white paint under the glass chipped off, leaving a black mark. I'm not looking to fix it or replace it, but if I were to send in this phone along side a fee, will apple send me an entirely new iPhone 6S?

6. Tsuikyit, Jul 8, 2016

Tsuikyit thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to clarify things. If I were to send in my iPhone and pay the fee of 299, will I get a brand new iPhone?

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I don't believe they replace phones unless they have a hardware defect or something crazy like the battery blew up.

8. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

If you want a new phone, you'll have to pay for it. If Apple allowed what you're asking for, they'd end up with tons of slightly damaged phones and a lot of missing revenue. Now if your phone had an actual problem that required replacement, there's a way to get a replacement

9. G.McGilli macrumors regular

I know they will give you a new one if you take it into an Apple store - pay the fee - give them the broken phone - and boom - brand new iPhone in your hands....

10. G.McGilli, Jul 8, 2016

G.McGilli macrumors regular

I posted this on your other thread also.. but...

If you take your damaged phone to an Apple store - pay the reduced cost - give them your iPhone - they will bring out and give you an entirely brand new iPhone of the same model and colour.

Even if it's cuz you dropped it on the corner and have just a dent there. If you want to basically pay $300 to fix that dent then they will let you.

Anyone in store who refuses Applecare at purchase -but then asks "what happens if this happens/or this happens..." will be told this. Or at least should be.

Not sure if it's the same if you send it in....

11. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

You already posted a different thread about this. If your phone isn't damaged, you'll be hard pressed to get a new phone. Minor cosmetic damage is not serious enough to warrant a new phone

12. Tsuikyit thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not getting it replaced. Just curious if I can get a replacement if cracks start forming from the small ones that appeared when I dropped it. That's why I put in my initial post. Not that I want to replace it. I'm just curious. Sorry if I didn't phrase it clearly, but I'm just wondering if I can get a new phone if the display starts to show cracks from the small marks.

13. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

You should clarify that in your post (and no need to make 2 different threads either). If cracks start forming (which I doubt), you'll get a screen replacement, not a new phone

14. Tsuikyit thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure. I'll check it out

15. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

You can do it, at least in my country, so I assume it's the same for the US.

16. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Refurbished iPhone yes, brand new one is iffy at best.

17. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

No, not a brand new one, but refurbished one.

OP, one thread is enough