Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I noticed the new iLife and iWork are coming out. I already have Keynote and the iLife and was wondering if Apple will sell upgrades for this software or do you have to go out and buy the whole thing?

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
iLife 05 is different than iLife 04 just because these are brand new versions of all the apps. They continiously update these apps over the course of the year for better performance and such and those are free, just go under software update.

05 just pretty much contain new features and new "themes" to allow more customization to stuff like DVDs and iPhoto. Its up to you whether you use these enough to warrent an upgrade.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
there is no discounted upgrade version per se, if you want the new iLife you must pay full price. Apple does sell upgrades for other titles I believe.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Final Cut Pro and Express offer upgrades if you have the full version installed.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
The only way possible to get a discount price would be if you had just purchased iLife within the past week. Apple usually sets the dates that would qualify, that is if they decide to do such a program. In the case of just purchasing a Mac prior to the release of a new Mac OS, they have an up grade program. They usually charge $19.95 for S&H for the CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.