Does Apple send an Applecare code through email?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dipm06, Sep 28, 2013.

1. dipm06 macrumors member

My 1 year warranty runs out in a couple of days and I'm thinking about buying applecare. I want to purchase the applecare through the education store, but I'm not sure if it'll get to my house in time for me to register it. I tried doing the "extend coverage" option for my computer, but it wont give me the education price for the apple care.

Does apple send the code of the applecare through email, or do they only send the code trough the mail?

Thanks in advanced!

2. mpetrides macrumors member

Apple emailed my iPhone 5s AppleCare agreement

When I purchased my iPhone 5s from Small Dog Electronics, I also purchased AppleCare +. Shortly thereafter (same day) I received an email containing my AppleCare agreement, presumably from Apple.

However, rather than generalizing from my experience, I suggest you call the Apple Store and ask them directly.

3. mattbaar26 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure Applecare is registered to the serial of the product

4. comics addict macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid to say that you'll have to either go to the nearest Apple Store and buy it in person or Pay without education discount so that it's registered online automatically. Next time please make the necessary precautions to avoid issues like these. :eek:

5. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Applecare

Last Friday I purchased Applecare Plus for my Ipod Touch 5 that I bought last February through the Apple Store.Com over the Internet.

They asked for the serial Number of my Ipod and the next day they emailed my AppleCare Plus Certificate of purchase.

6. comics addict macrumors 6502a

Now that I remembered. You might want to try to contact Apple via phone and see if they can take your order for the AppleCare for Mac. I tried that once and it worked. Just be sure to have a credit card on hand for it. Don't know if they will also honor the education discount.

7. dipm06 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm going to give apple a call today to see what they can do.