Does Apple Ship On Time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EatingApples, Nov 15, 2013.

1. EatingApples macrumors member

Hi Everyone

Do Apple's shipping estimations hold up to real life? I have ordered a rmbp on the 6. November and it hasn't shipped yet.

2. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Most of the time they do… If you ordered a 13" rMBP with 16GB of ram, you might be waiting a few extra weeks.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

4. EatingApples thread starter macrumors member

In fact, I did order just that. What does that mean? Do they have supply shortages? When I ordered the estimated shipping was 5-7 business days. It's the seventh day today. I assume they don't ship during weekends?!

5. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

I would call Apple and ask What's up.. If they say there is a delay, ask for compensation.

I ordered my 13" 2.6/16GB/256SSD from MacMall on Tuesday, and had it on Wednesday.

As far as I know, Apple does ship on weekends.

6. unitethenations macrumors member

If anything they ship early. For the two items I ordered, both arrived 1-2 weeks before the expected delivery date (~6-7 days from date of order).

The problem I think you're having is that there is a shortage of 16GB RAM for the 13" MBP. If you look at the "Just Ordered" thread in this forum you'll see a few people mention that their delivery dates have been extended 3-4 weeks.

I would call to check what the status of your order is, if the online status page has not updated to reflect a delay.

7. EatingApples thread starter macrumors member

Interesting...well so far the estimation has not changed and delivery is extected for early next week. Ill give them a call anyway to hear whats up.

8. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

Mine actually shipped two days ahead of schedule.

Moot point since I got a crappy display and now have to take it in for replacement, but at the time at least I was pleasantly surprised...

9. EatingApples thread starter macrumors member

Just checked again...in fact it has changed now. 3-4 weeks delay...:confused:
    Expected delivery 12-19 December. :apple:That sucks. What a crappy supply chain :mad:

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yeah, always better to check. There is only an issue with 16GB RAM orders on the 13". Really sucks! A lot of us are in the same boat as you.