Does Apple still do trade-ins on recently updated hardware?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Eirhead, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Eirhead, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

Eirhead macrumors newbie

I remember hearing stories about how Apple was cool and did trade-ins for hardware that was less than 1 month old if they did a refresh during that time. So you could get the cool new faster updated hardware.

I'm in the market for getting a new computer in the next 2-3 weeks and this policy will really sway my decision on whether or not I go with an iMac or windows based PC. I know there's no guarantee that Apple will refresh the iMac line before October 15th or so... but I'd be willing to risk it. If not, I'll probably go with a 42" passive 3d display PC setup... I do have a preference for OSX, but the hardware really isn't worth what I'm paying right now. (my macbook isn't handling gaming anymore, I wanna retire it to bed-time websurfing)

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If the new model comes out during your return period, you can take it back and get the new one.

3. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

I've not heard good things about PowerON, the third party service Apple contracts to buy your old hardware. I think you'd be better off on Craigslist or Ebay.

4. Eirhead thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, that's what I wanted to know =)

Looks like I'll be sticking with mac

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure it's 14 days now for returns.

6. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Yep, 14 through Apple. 30 for Best Buy (60 if you're Silver). 30 for Amazon.